B, Buddy, Sid and I landed in Chicago, Illinois around two o'clock yesterday afternoon on less than three hours of sleep because we'd had a late night with Lady Gaga, rented a car and drove for two and half hours to Douglas, Michigan to spend time with our Gay Running Club pals Chris and Mark who summer in the house that Gerber baby food founder Frank Daniel Gerber grew up in (the digs are more than a hundred and fifty years old).
This morning we woke up, ate breakfast on Chris and Mark's gorge-ass screened-in porch then traveled the remaining hour to Muskegon where we'll spend the rest of the week with my siblings and their offspring, the last of whom just arrived from Texas following an eighteen-hour car ride.
I'm TAH (tired as heck) so I'm gonna list seven things that we did today, toss a bunch of pics underneath the aforementioned list and then go pass out.
Okay, here's said list.
- Visited Bryan and Kelly at their office
- Jumped off of my dad's pontoon boat into Muskegon Lake
- Picked Ella and Harrison up from school (Harrison was lit about it)
- Celebrated my birthday with chicken wings and French fries
- Had a miniature dance party to Harrison's favorite songs
- Watched the sun set from the water near Pere Marquette Beach
- Jumped off of my dad's pontoon boat into Lake Michigan
And, as promised, here are some pics.
Incidentally, this is Sid's first time in my hometown and it's also his first time meeting most of my relatives and it's been a trip watching him take it all in.
Oh yeah and lastly, my dad used the word queen in a sentence in reference to me this evening and Bevan nearly died from happy shock.