Last year I imposed on myself a "No Phone on the Train" rule as a way to ensure that I use the time I spend commuting reading books instead of absentmindedly scrolling through Facebook and Instagram and Twitter and, well, I broke that rule like three times this week and so, in addition to a sore thumb, I've got a whole bunch of pretty rad crap from the Web to share.
Oh, and the picture above is from a home fashion show that Sid and her best friend Rosie asked me to DJ during their attempted sleepover last night (Rosie went home at midnight with an upset tummy). It has nothing to do with this web log post, but I needed a picture so whatevs.
- A color-blind man saw purple for the first time and his reaction is kinda heartwarming.
- Apparently, Seattle is effed.
- Caitlyn Jenner continues to change the world.
- My co-worker made the British government apologize for what it did to gay WWII hero Alan Turing.
- The best Instagram account is this Instagram account.
- These scathing gummy bear reviews are everything.
- UFC champion Ronda Rousey is my newest hero.
- Umm, here's some science.